Monday, May 19, 2008

Square Breathing

Dr. Joy Brown, renowned talk-show radio therapist, advices square breathing for those of us with emotional ills. You breath in for four seconds, hold it for four seconds, exhale for four, and wait for four before starting again. I tried it. Once. Didn't work.

So know I am off to the doctor to talk about my unique little "quirks." It will be fun, I'm sure, but it is going to be a long summer if I am driven crazy every time a dog barks or a kid is playing too loudly. I really think I want to try hypnosis, too.

I looked up the woman I am going to see today, and I did not like her picture. Shallow, shallow, shallow. Then I realized she had a background in eastern medicine, too, and she had even attended a hypnosis conference. I am a bit more optimistic.

I think I will try square breathing at least one more time, too.

No comments: