Saturday, February 23, 2008

Helmets Aren't Just for Kids

I used to think I was not a control freak. Since I've been married, Charley has pointed out that I may have some issues involving the word "control". These issues have leached into many areas of my life, including the most basic cuddle positions.

I am acutely aware of the status of my bangs during the day, and anything that jeopardizes their shape is to be avoided.

Charley refers to my bangs as my hair helmet. I do go a little crazy with the hairspray, but I am a child of the 80s and have carried the tradition of perfectly coiffed bangs (as I see them) into the 21st century.

When cuddling on the coach now, Charley avoids my bangs, for his own safety. I would never lash out at him for disturbing their shape, but they do have some very sharp edges.


No comments: