Monday, February 25, 2008

World's Biggest Ball O' Paper Towel

Since having Ben I have realized how wasteful I am, and that the earth is indeed limited in its capacity to store my garbage.

I have a paper towel addiction. I go though paper towels like smokers do cigarettes. Easily a roll a day if I let myself get carried away. Every time I see anything that resembles dirt or a stain I paper towel it.

I've started saving these towels. If they are not too dirty, say I only had to wipe up a little coffee stain, I put it in a drawer with its counterparts. It still has two, maybe three, more wipes in it.

Ideally, I will remember that I have a drawer filled with these little jewels, and I will reach into it the next time I see a spill.

As of now, I keep forgetting they are there, and instead have a quickly growing collection of hardly soiled paper towels which I will probably feel too guilty to throw away until Charley makes me.

No comments: