Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Who Really Needs Sleep?

Things to do when your three month old wakes up four times between the hours of 12 am and 4:30 am:
1. Cry
2. Chew gum
3. Get excited for breakfast
4. Want to cry but not cry
5. Be grateful that hopefully you will be able to someday make another mom feel better when you tell her that your child slept horribly, too

I guess I will never be one of those moms I have met who has so pleasantly told me, "My little baby slept through the night at six weeks." I really want to tell these women to shut up.

Even if Benjamin did sleep through the night (and sleeping through the night means 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep), I wouldn't brag about it. It's not like I really would have anything to do with it if he did.

On a happier note...

I have become much better about turning the fan off in the bathroom as Charley has asked me to do. Of course yesterday, I managed to turn off the television and all three radios I had on at the same time in different rooms just before he came in the door.

No comments: